Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Egg-cellent Activities

Hi!  Today I'm here to share some ideas for using plastic eggs!  These eggs are perfect for spring, and don't necessarily have to be used just during "Easter time!" 

Egg Fact Match
I purchased some egg trays and lots of plastic eggs at Wal-Mart.  I also purchased a black paint pen to be used to write on the eggs.  Sharpie tends to rub off.  I wrote addition, subtraction, and 3-addend facts on the eggs.  I wrote the answers on the egg trays.  I also used a little code system of a dot, plus, and heart.  The code will let the children know which egg tray the egg they are looking at belongs on. I put my eggs into my early finisher tubs and let the kids have at it!  They loved these activities!







Sight Word Eggs
For this activity, I used my paint pen and numbered my eggs 1-25.  We will be working on the Fry's 4th 25 sight words because it is 4th quarter.  *I purchased the large eggs for this activity.*  Inside, I placed letter tiles to make the sight words.  I will place an egg on each child's desk and give them a recording sheet to walk the room with.  They'll break open an egg, unscramble the sight word, and write it on their paper. 








Easter Egg Hunt
I decided last minute to have an egg hunt in my room on Wednesday.  This is only because I found candy super cheap with my mad couponing skills!  I bought lots of plastic eggs, some cute, decorative tape, and lots of candy.  I filled the eggs and I will hide them around the room tomorrow. We will all work as a class to find the eggs and will bring them to the front table to put in a box. Then, I will let each child choose a few eggs to keep/eat.  We'll be making some old-school construction paper baskets to put our eggs in.  I also bought some grass to put in the baskets.  I know the kids are going to LOVE having the egg hunt!!!



What fun things do you do with plastic eggs in your classroom?

xo
Megan

4 comments:

Lori said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I LOVE all these Easter egg ideas! So fun! Last year I put sight word phrases in eggs for the students to draw out eggs and practice their fluency.
Lori
Conversations in Literacy

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

We used your egg hunt sheet last week and my children loved it. Going to set it up for cvc challenge baskets after Easter! Thanks again.

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

These are amazing. Thank you so much for sharing. Also look at "OCEAN RAIDERS" math game for basic addition. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MDFYCBS

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Where did you buy the letter tiles?

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!